Wednesday, October 26, 2011

It's Time to Turn Off Psychic TV, Part 2!

I'm guided in choosing which of these blogs I do by the stats that blogger gives me. Wait, someone called me "what a bullshit" on the shout box of the Last.fm artist page for Psychic TV. Actually, that's more like 20 hits, I think. That's amazing! I got ten-eleven more hits then I would have otherwise gotten already so far. The thing is that if I posted a link to that blog on the Psychic TV artist page on Last.fm, I doubt anyone would have looked at it. It would have smacked of self promotion. If people disagree with me on something like that, that's not that bad. Much better that than the blog is simply ignored, right? That's the real risk you take on writing blogs on a subject like that. They even slapped my name on there- as though people know who I am! I've got to say, that's very flattering. With luck, I now have people from the Psychic TV fan camp who may be curious as to what my connection with Phil Spector is or who this Daniel Nicherie I mentioned was. That to me is some exciting and potentially fertile intellectual ground. I think Genesis P. Orridge made some decent music in the late 70's maybe. For the last ten years or so all I've seen from Genesis P. Orridge is an aging drag queen performing a retro psychedelic show in Williamsburg. That and Genesis gives these long interviews about how his/her own genius. Nowadays the press is panning Lou Reed and Metallica for collaborating on this album that I feel is really not bad. I think if you want to see a real has-been,Genesis P. Orridge is it. Psychedelia is dead to me. Williamsburg is dead to me. And most of all, Psychic TV is dead to me. Remember, that's more of an opinion about Psychic TV than most of the world has. Psychic TV are relatively obscure and a lot of people that have heard of them never liked them. And Psychic TV started in thirty years ago. I'll freely admit that I used to listen to them quite a bit, and now I really have no use for them. That is especially true of music Genesis P. Orridge makes now. That's considerably nicer then I often am about bands. Now, if you want to watch an aging drag queen do a bunch of poor Velvet Underground covers or whatever, that's all you babe. It's a free country. I'm just taking things in another direction. However, since this Psychic TV blog did surprisingly well and another blog I wrote on Howard Bloom got more hits then I would have thought, and since both Genesis P. Orridge and Howard Bloom appeared on that weird Disinformation DVD that came out years ago, at some point in the future you are likely to see a review of that on here. If something pulls in hits for whatever reason, I will go with that general direction.

No comments:

Post a Comment