Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Review: MC Randumb and Jewish Dave "Songs in the Key of Murder"

I was asked by Chad Freeman at PollyStaflle to review this album. I'm not a hip-hop fan but this act is Vegas local and I see it as maybe semi-useful to have some solidarity with other local Vegas "arts" type folks. Maybe. Hip-hop does not excite or interest me at all. I think the argument could be made and made well that is contributes to societal problems. At the very least it is indicative of them in a big way. I think it is quite clear that Mc Randumb and Jewish Dave, however, aren't from the hood unless the hood happens to be a UNLV dorm and that they're more or less joking. It is kind of the same joke over and over- all the lyrics are about murder for the entire album. A lot of the lyrics involve sex with and eating of the dead after such murder takes place. It would have been much better if the same lyrics had ended up being used for a B-52's album. It does posit the interesting question as to whether having sex with a dead guy makes you gay, which would be an excellent question to pose for these republican presidential debates we've been having. I'd like to see in particular Rick Santorum's take on this issue, which seems of the highest contemporary relevence. It also gets points for referencing the Human Centipede films, clearly an obsession of mine. However, Human Centipede 3 isn't going to be released for more than a year, and this Prometheus Alien prequel is going to be out in June, so I've actually got Prometheus much more on the brain right now. This album is okay, I chuckled a couple of times. Again, I don't care for hip-hop. I do, however, love the Human Centipede films and in general mongoloid excrement about serial killers.

1 comment:

  1. thanks for the review William. as the murder... i mean rapper named Jewish Dave on the album, I must agree, our lyrics would have went great on a B-52s album. we actually covered Gloria Estefan on a previous album. just sayin...

    ReplyDelete