Saturday, June 16, 2012

Max McDonald and Goodnight Gunfight Part 2

A previous blog on Max McDonald and Goodnight Gunfight dealt with an unused interview I did with a band called Goodnight Gunfight for a magazine I owned that didn’t really go anywhere sales wise called AeonElectron, and how I attempted to use the band to try and anchor an interview with Phil Spector threw them, but couldn’t stand them, so gave up. I actually once was in a conversation with a member of Spector’s legal team where I told that story in brief. It also made fun of their friend Max MacDonald, the son of Ian McDonald of Foreigner and King Crimson. Jessie whatever her name is from Goodnight Gunfight found it on-line and re-posted it. This was pretty much exactly the purpose for which the blog was posted. After it was reposted it got a fair few hits, I was excited to see. The thing is though that that was nearly a year ago that I wrote that thing, and now it is clear two principle things. Mostly the only blogs that get any hits are 1.) Expressions of my right wing political views on blog talk radio, banking off my grandfather’s name. 2) horror films reviews or topics related to horror films. It’s not simply horror reviews, but horror reviews that tend to involve a lot of sick and deranged kind of stuff. People are always looking around for snuff flicks which don’t really exist, and so writing about. So the strategy of making fun of New York artsy types to create a stir was one I largely abandoned by the time Jessie whatever her name is from Goodnight Gunfight found the post, all though I was glad to have been able to have gotten couple hits on that. It should be stressed that is some terrible, terrible music. I think that almost all bands are pretty much wretched and not worth getting excited about to be totally honest. Goodnight Gunfight they weren’t even nice, really. Around the same time I interviewed them I walked into a fetish club and got surrounded by a group of women in their early twenties, one of who said “ You’re our bitch now.” At which pointed I was tied up and spanked and clawed etc, by the group of young women. So it was easier to get play at that point by doing fetish club type stuff. That was more chicks than were even in Goodnight Gunfight. So I’ll still stand by my general opinion that Goodnight Gunfight had no reason to exist and less reason to be worth interviewing. The blog bitching about them got more attention than the interview would have.

No comments:

Post a Comment