Saturday, February 11, 2012

Occupy and Sovereign Citizens

The Occupy movement is a funny thing. They get a fair bit of press. They've had some run-ins with the law, and they've burned an American flag. But how much does it all really mean? An academic named David Greaber can do a little song and tap and get some attention from the media based on that this claim that Occupy have challenged the power structure of our country. I would argue that relatively speaking, Occupy has not challenged the fabric of our social order to any greta extent. Within I think about a week and a half after the cops used tear gas on Occupy Oakland, the F.B.I ran a major press conference on perceived dangerous political extremist and potential homegrown terrorists. The press conference wasn't about Occupy. So far as I know the F.B.I hasn't batted an eye about Occupy. It was about these guys- the Sovereign Citizens movement. The F.B.I hates them. It probably has to do with, oh, I don't know, shoot outs with police maybe. That's the kind of thing it takes to get an F.B.I press conference. The F.B.I don't like that too much when you do that. I'm not saying that that's the kind of attention you want from the feds, or that you want attention from the feds at all. However, I would say that the Sovereign Citizens movement represents a far greater challenge to the fabric of our social order than Occupy Wall Street. Occupy wall Street represent about as much of an affront to the social order as does Lady Gaga, possibly less. The media likes Occupy a whole lot, so they give them press. But the welfare state is the status quo in a lot of ways, so their doctrine about the 1% and the 99% isn't particularly inflammatory. The Sovereign Citizens declare the U.S. federal government completely invalid. Clearly some of them are very serious about that, too. However, I'm sure that David Geaber could come up with an extensively complex take on the Sovereign Citizens- or anything else you might mention for that matter. This is, of course, beating around the bush. What this country needs is a true champion of the people, of individual liberty, and of firearms. That is why I am urging U.S. citizens- Sovereign Citizens and Occupiers alike, to take to the streets and to spread the good word this March 14th, (#M14) to celebrate their individual liberties and freakish firearms pre-occupations in commemoration of my grandfather's contributions to the history of assault rifles. You have only the chains of slavery to loose! Send Paypal contributions to WheatonFirearms@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment