Saturday, June 18, 2011

Dreamaniac (1986) Film Review! I Hate Every Second of It!

This film hurt my soul.
Do you have any idea how bad Dreamaniac is? Easily one of the worst movies I have ever seen, no questions asked. I am fixated with 80’s horror and the old straight-to-VHS films, but this one is worse then anyone would have imagined. I think the problem starts with this one when the movie is sort of about rock and roll and whoever made it was not terribly well-informed as to the music of the time. The main character has a whole bunch of t-shirts for hair bands, but there is no hair metal that appears in the film. The film uses instead very stock 80’s new wave music. Making reference sort of to the idea that was big at the time, the kid in the hair band t-shirts is into black magic. There is a girl of his wet dreams that he summons using magical rites. The hair band kids’ girlfriend throws a party with her sorority friends at the kids house, and the demon girl shows up and starts killing people. There’s a lot of nudity and sex in this one, soft-core elements, I have a feeling the guy who directed it was gay much more male nudity then female in this film. If you like to get aroused with music that sounds like Devo outtakes at best on in the background, this is the film for you. They do cocaine at the party of course.
The demon girl goes around killing the teenagers. I can’t express how bad this film is, it really should not be viewed. I usually like this kind of thing, but even I can’t deal with this one. My thoughts watching it are when is this crap going to end.
It all takes place in a house on one night. It doesn’t make any sense that they wouldn’t hear the screams in this house. This film is more dreadful then Re-Animator. The ending is also very stupid.
This film has no redeeming value.

No comments:

Post a Comment