Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Occupy and the Sovereign Citizens Part 3: Ya'll Need to Calm Down!

People I went to college with are now sucked into Occupy, becoming radicalized on the far left. People I've met in Vegas have become radicalized into whacky far right militia/sovereign citizen type stuff. I tend more towards the gun toting right myself, but, excuse my french, both sides need to calm the fuck down. Yeah, I've been writing about those Sovereign Citizens guys on here, but i hadn't ever met one, which seemed odd to me because I'm a gun owner,a libertarian, and a resident of Nevada. However, I believe I have now met one of these guys. Almost given the context of my meeting him, I was really disappointed. He got 86'd from the bar attached to the hotel where I live, more or less for stalker type behavior towards one of the women bartenders,including, unbelievably, offering to buy her some chickens from the feed store. However, he was a general head case. I said something about liking Las Vegas and Las Vegas having a high quality of life and he would start ranting about the lack of water and how screwed I would be if society collapsed. It came up though that I had a nice little Glock 19 with some ammo, and his guns (unregistered, he bragged) were stashed away in Oregon. He was a very heavy drinker and gambler clearly, and was clearly fixated on the much younger woman working the bar. The reason I think he was specifically a sovereign citizen is that I asked him if he knew anything about the Sovereign Citizens. He said "I don't know anything about that". I said "the F.B.I' s been flipping out about the Sovereign Citizens" and then he said "that's why I don't know anything about that". That pretty much translates to "I am a Sovereign Citizen." I was in the bar the next day, and I stood up and left as he entered to avoid speaking to him. I found out later from the bartender that she'd 86'd him. There is validity to the general criticism that the government is too large and has too intrusive a role in the lives of Americans. This is not the same as believing you are above the law. This guy's life was clearly a mess, he blamed his problems on the government (even though no one in the government forced him to drink or gamble) and clearly believed he was above the law. He was also a real braggart with poor social skills. What I'd like urge people like that to do is to calm down,vote libertarian, we'll see what we can do within the system... My opinion is that the strategy of the Sovereign Citizens makes more sense then that of the Occupiers- be completely invisible, then when a cop stops you for so much as a a traffic ticket, all hell breaks lose. However, the Occupy movement and in particular the "Black Bloc" faction within Occupy have been the subject of an article on the Homeland Security trade webpage HS today. Here's a link to the article, I highly recommend it. I actually learned quite a bit from this article. http://www.hstoday.us/blogs/guest-commentaries/blog/the-occupy-movement-rising-anarchy/3a87bb57b44e5779f7d087472df92af2.html I wonder if that thing about buying the woman chickens ever works….

No comments:

Post a Comment