Sunday, April 1, 2012

The Complete List of "Video Nasties"

Well, do not ask me why the British are so obsessed with banning horror films, but I got a whole lot of milage out of the Human Centipede 2 thing. This YouTube video is like some strange aesthetic nirvana dawning. The video nasties were 39 films made illegal in the U.K. in 1984. A number of them I'd never heard of, a number of them I've already by chance reviewed on here. Some of them are likely difficult to find at this point. Some of them I would say seem fairly tame by today's standards. A bunch of these films I've wanted to see anyway. I think I can probably get through a number of these films, although I'm not really sure I can waste an hour and a half re-watching Faces of Death and some of those European cannibal movies are unwatchable less for the gore involved as because they are excrement. I'll try to get some reviews for these films up, I doubt even I could be lame enough to get through the whole list.I don't know that reviewing these films would get the same attention that recently banned films like The Bunny Game and Human Centipede 2 got. However, my review of Inseminoid from the same era (surprisingly not on this list) is still my most popular post.

No comments:

Post a Comment