Thursday, September 22, 2011

Human Centipede 2 Poster Released!


Yes folks, it’s here-the poster for Human Centipede 2. It’s a dozy, and for a film made illegal in the U.K., as I have written about at length on here and elsewhere. I’m not sure if this verifies or not that the “human centipede” depicted in the film has a different shape or not, so I won’t comment on that, not having seen the film which is being shown publicly for the first time at a film festival tonight.
I will say that while much was made of the first film of the connection it had to human experimentation in Nazi Germany because the mad scientist was German, the whole thing also made me think of the Abu Gharib prison photographs from Iraq a few years back. With the naked bodies with the hands tied behind the back, it makes me think even more of Abu Gharib. It evokes total debasement and degradation of the human form.
I must stress that this image is not work safe. And Lucy Jones at The Telegraph thought Lou Reed and Metallica's poster was offensive!

No comments:

Post a Comment