Thursday, September 22, 2011

Raped and Impregnated by a Monster Back in the 80’s, Part 4:Jumping the Shark with Alien Seed

One unfortunate result of the success of the blog series I’ve done entitled Raped and Impregnated by a Monster Back in the 80’s is that this success has lead me to the film Alien Seed. I’m not going to pretend that Breeders, Xtro, Inseminoid and Xtro are the best films I’ve ever seen, but they are all better then Alien Seed. This whole subgenre of flicks involving women being impregnated by aliens jumps the shark related to it’s own terribleness with 1989’s Alien Seed. The only actor in it you have any chance of having heard of is Erik Estrada from CHIPS. If you looking to satisfy some sort of sick sexual fetish you have for human alien hybrid procreation, this is not the film you are looking for. The aliens are not shown in it much, and when they are, well, you could probably find better alien masks at a Halloween store. There’s a scene in a shooting range where details of a shooting range are incorrect.
The plot of the movie is…I don’t feel like writing a plot synopsis for this film. The only thing I can say in favor of this film is that there are a few brief scenes in a topless bar.
The baby in the end looks human. I know that’s a spoiler, but there is no way to possibly spoil this film.
This is one of the worst films I’ve ever seen.

Why do all alien impregnation films from the 80’s have four notes on an early synth for a soundtrack? It’s like a rule or something.

No comments:

Post a Comment