Friday, August 26, 2011

Book Review! Wikileaks by David Leigh and Luke Harding



This book came out a while ago, but it still has plenty of relevancy, I feel. I have strong opinions about the matter. I do not like Julian Assange.
I am a right-leaning American with sociopathic tendencies and a preoccupation with firearms undoubtedly tied to my grandfather. My candidate for the U.S. elections of 2012 is Republican Congressman Ron Paul. However, I do have a very serious bone of contention with Ron Paul. He doesn’t seem to take the Wikileaks thing seriously. I’d kind of like to see Assange in Gitmo.
The book I’m reviewing here, Wikileaks by David Leigh and Luke Harding was put out by the Guardian, a newspaper that worked closely with Julian Assange and his hacker organization Wikileaks. It did nothing to quell my general opinion that the United States should treat him as an enemy aggressor or enemy spy, effectively. It also did nothing to improve my view of private Bradley Manning who turned over thousands of documents to Julian Assmunch- I mean Assange. At one point the authors of the book state- Bradley Manning was not a traitor. Actually, he is a traitor.
Those guys had their hands on classified military and diplomatic information from the U.S. government. The diplomatic information they had that actually got released was relatively tame stuff and not all that surprising (China wasn’t crazy about North Korea, Suadi Arabia are terrified of Iran). The military stuff, the field reports from Afghanistan- yeah that’s where lives of the men and women serving the U.S. military overseas could have met really physical harm and death. Assange is an Australian who is like many annoying leftist Europeans, Canadians, and Aussies that go on and on about America is evil because of this and this. This book actually has quote where someone describes him as a “self-important pseudo-anarchist”. If you take the arguments him and Manning make about freedom of information then News of the World and Anthony Pellicano are completely justified in their actions. That is where my libertarian principles end. It’s one issue in which I agree more strongly with orthodox conservatives or the Tea Party than with Paul. There is an argument that the Wikileaks thing contributed to the Arab Spring, but Assange could not have planned that, and we still don’t know what the fall out from the Arab Spring is going to be.
Assange was a little hacker nobody cared about, but as Wikileaks exploded he was able to take advantage of the situation with some Swedish women. With one of those women the accusation was that he had intentionally ripped a condom. Well, It’s not so surprising.
Self important pseudo-anarchist. I like that one!
Here’s a video of Assange and his followers doing what they do best- whining.

No comments:

Post a Comment