Saturday, August 6, 2011

David Lyudmirsky:Unused Interview

I got a series of odd e-mails from David Lyudmirsky, the musician whose project Their Only Dreams I reviewed on here. Later, after we agreed to do an interview, I tired to contact him back with questions, I was blocked or something like that from his page. In fact, it appeared his whole page was gone. I sort of wondered if that was some kind of a suicide note or something, but I haven’t found his name in obituaries. Here are the un-used questions for the e-mail interview…



Questions for David Lyudmirksy

1. Do use drugs when you record and play music? If so, what kind?
2. What kind of instruments, recording equipment, or musical software do you use recording?
3. Are you making any money off your music?
4. Do you ever feel that there are a lot of bands out right now that might as well as well just not exist?
5. Have you heard Phillip Garrido’s music? If so, what do you think of it/
6. Lou Reed and Metallica just finished recording an album together. Do you think this will be a good album?
7. Who do you support for 2012 presidential election?
8. For hipster music publications, American Apparel is the chief sponsor. American Apparel is getting hammered with legal and financial problems right now. What do you see as the fall out for musicians like yourself?
9. On my webpage, the review of Their Only Dreams was beaten out in hits by an article about “monster rape and impregnation” films of the 80’s like Inseminoid. What will you do to compete with Inseminoid?
10. How often do you Google your own name, and how long did it take before you found my review of Their Only Dreams?

Here I a transcript of the highly cryptic e-mail correspondence. He talks about communicating with Phillip K. Dick’s ghost in it. Actually, the term he uses is Thetan soul, which I believe derives from Scientology. That’s weird, but I use weird here in sort of a dismissive sense. Teenagers must be able to get some strong psychedelics in Bel Air.




David Lyudmirsky
I like your writings duuude. Don't shoot!


 William Wheaton
So do I get the chick bassist now?

David Lyudmirsky
Ha! I still have no idea what you are talking about. But, it is very fun to read. Sometimes the paranoid thetan soul of p k dick leads me to believe you are the new .. hdbruxhxbridjxbdjd

William Wheaton

Well, that's quite a complement. thank you David. You know that review I did of your music actually got a far few hits, so when you put something new out, let me know. Good publicity for both parties.

David Lyudmirsky

Yes. I am planning on that. One site owes me an interview. You should do it, don't hold back.! Check out the pansy site. WWw.sickoftheradio.com
William Wheaton:

Wow. Yeah. That webpage hurts. Yeah we could do a quick interview, be funny if we could got on that webpage, if not through it somewhere else...

David Lyudmirsky

Whenever. Email interview.

5 comments: