Friday, August 19, 2011

Wretched Music! Nine Inch Nails with Saul Williams



You know, in the 90’s I was a little goth kid back then, the biggest band going was Nine inch Nails, in terms of sales at least. So of course I had Pretty Hate Machine and The Downward Spiral, relatively good rock and roll albums looking back on it. However, unlike his closest rival for rock star of the 90’s Kurt Cobain, Trent Reznor didn’t end up dying young like many thought he would, but did what most rock stars do given enough time- he created a bunch of very bad music.
His biggest mistake appears to have been deciding to work with lame spoken word poet Saul Williams. Saul Williams first got attention for being involved in the 90’s spoken word poetry thing on the Lower East Side if memory serves. Actually, the poetry slam thing of the 90’s is something I’d prefer to forget. I have to admit that I can’t sit through this entire YouTube clip. However, it is still better then that Max Maslansky guy I just reviewed. This track is called List of Demands. I don’t listen to the demands of spoken word poets and street artists.


1 comment: