Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Coming Soon, Olaf Ittenbach's The Burning Moon!

Burning Moon is a German "film" (it was shoot on video) released made in 1992 by Olaf Ittenbach in Germany in 1992 and originally released on VHS in 1997. It has apparently been banned in Germany for roughly 20 years. It so happens that it is being released in the United States by Severin films next week and it so happened that I have pre-ordered a copy. From YouTube clips and the fact it was banned It was clear that this is a film that I could not resist the opportunity to review. Along with the recent bans on films like the Bunny Game, A Serbian Film, and Human Centipede 2, which I've written on here and on the Jerry Magoo webpage, there are a number of older European horror films that were banned such as Cannibal Holocaust and Nekromantiks. Cannibal Holocaust is a good film but I've seen it twice in recent years and I don't feel like sitting through it again. Nerkomantks Ive seen I believe twice in college, I don't recall it being an especially good film. I wouldn't say I'm offended by or that it should be illegal but it's really gross and I don't feel like watching it again, which I would have to do in order to give it a fair critique. The Burning Moon I'd never even heard of, but once it came up, I knew this was a film that had to be examined quite closely especially. I can guarantee to bring you a review as soon as the DVD arrives.

No comments:

Post a Comment