Thursday, March 29, 2012

Occupy's Vagrant Problem...

This is footage taken from Occupy Wall St. protests in New York taken by my friend Danny Jock. He placed them on YouTube in celebration of Mental Health Awareness week. What we have here is strong evidence of a major problem with the Occupy movement- they apparently attract mentally ill and/or heavily substance abusing vagrants. That's what's likely to happen if you offer free food and shelter. Similar problems were seen in the sixties with the hippy movement- the Haight Ashbury neighborhood in San Francisco was said to have become a very dangerous neighborhood very quickly. I lived in the Union Square area for years, there was never the high density of mentally disabled folks there when I was there that you see in Jock's video documentation of Union Square now. I'm certainly glad I don't live around there anymore. Especially in a city with ridiculously strict laws about gaining a CCW permit. Occupy is shaping up to be a nasty little phenomenon, isn't it?Oh well, I live in Las Vegas that only has a very small Occupy branch.

1 comment:

  1. Actually, I don't know about the Roman guy, he might just be joking around...

    ReplyDelete